For those who haven't seen it yet, it will be on again at around 6:20 or so here in just a few minutes
While I don't expect anything to come of this, its probably the best thing to do. At least make them explain themselves.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
For those who haven't seen it yet, it will be on again at around 6:20 or so here in just a few minutes
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
Talk to me ref and ask a bigger question here.... should or should the call be made or not.... The penalty was called after the score, so that would be a "dead ball foul" and acessed on the kickoff not the extra point right?
Win with humility, loose with dignity.... the tropheys will come and you'll always be remembered as a champion.
This is my thinking in asking the question. I think the crew may have screwed the call from beginning to end. I didn't think the call had to come after an extra point, but as a dead ball penalty.
No. I think if the penalty happens during the extra point attempt, it will be enforced on the kick-off. If you get a "dead ball foul" during a touchdown, it's enforced on the extra point attempt.
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know how possible it is, but I hope someone can upload the video to youtube or something, maybe parts of it.
[/ QUOTE ]\
That would be great.
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know how possible it is, but I hope someone can upload the video to youtube or something, maybe parts of it.
[/ QUOTE ]
Should be able to rip it and put it up on YouTube.. I'll try to find it and do so. Maybe I can put it in slow-mo or something so that it can be more easily observed?
Don't know, I'll see what I can do though.
Officially retired
Just tape it off of channel 56 or call the high school and see if they are going to sell copies of the Burton game film, I heard it was plain as day, a raised hand pumping and hand the ball to the ref who wouldn't catch it just let it fall.
I taped WCYB and watched the TD over and over a few times. There was nothing in his post TD behavior that warranted a penalty. There was only one thing that stood out to me. It appeared as he was passing by the ref in the back of the endzone he did an easy flick/toss of the ball to give it to the ref as he ran by him. It looked like it hit the ref in the high chest/neck area and bounced off but that wasn't eactly that clear in the video. It looked like the ref wasn't expecting it. Maybe it ticked him off. That's the only thing I could see from the video after watching it in slow motion. Even then it wasn't really clear that's what happened, though it looked that way. In either case it was obvious he was just giving the ref the ball and nothing was belligerent about it. Certainly not deserving of a penalty. If that was what it was over, the other refs should have seen it for what it was, just an innocent act and spoke up about it.
They had a a different angle of it on WJHL tonight. Official was pulling the flag out of his pocket right as Ethan was in the process of pitching it to him. The official that he threw the ball to was indeed the one who threw the flag, even slowed it down to show him pulling it out. The reason he didn't catch the ball or anything was because he was throwing the flag. Still didn't see what he did wrong though.
Bookmarks